1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Labor Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

This Monday, while everyone is dashing off to the lake or firing up the grill for one last summer cook out, I hope you'll take a moment or two to remember the true meaning of Labor Day and thank your mother for all the pain and discomfort that she went through while she was bringing you into this world.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Working on a day off, which means double-time and a half, plus an extra day off. I'll take it.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You mean Labour Day, right?

6. Highlighting the Communist Revolution? Hell yes, comrade! I'm painting my front porch red and I'm running down the street with a hammer and sickle.

7. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

[​IMG]

You mean that phony baloney holiday crammed down our throats by fat-cat union gansters?

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm in an interesting position, because my dad is a union truck driver, and there's no question he's made more money because of it. On the other hand, my brother got laid off by one employee because of union seniority rules when his company was cutting positions. Personally, I'm not a fan. So I'm working Monday. I'm not so anti-union that I'm turning down the holiday pay that I'll get, though. Full of fail, I am.

9. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Fail nothin'. I'm working Monday and getting regular pay for it. The fail, my friend, is firmly on me.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Um, I'll be working. Thanks for asking.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'll be laboring away that day. I get Sunday off, though. :D

12. My wife may very well be in labor on Labor Day. She hopes, at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted