1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Labor Day plans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by joe, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Might drive to the 'Burgh and pay respects to Mayor O'Connor. :'(

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Well, since Monday is my usual day off, I'll do what I always do: make the 2-hour round trip to Target, then go into the office and prep for the week.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Shit, those scrawny, pale, tatted up guys woulda helped with the books. Those damned boxes were freaking heavy!

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Work. Work. Work. Up to my gooch in soccer and cross country previews.

Some days I wonder how much longer I want to do this. I've been running around all bloody weekend trying to get shyte done. I've lost all track of time. I could've sworn it was just 2:15 p.m. Friday, when in reality it's 7:45 a.m. Monday. I have 16 pages to get done by tomorrow, and 3 coaches have yet to return my calls. I've never been more nervous about a preview section being incomplete. The race, indeed, is on.

Anyone who has a day off today, enjoy it a little more for me.

Talk to y'all más tarde.

5. part-timer

part-timer Member

Already caught the first episode of season 4 of The Wire (God bless On Demand!). Off to do a football preview, then some shrimp on the barbie.

Then back to teaching tomorrow :'(

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Still trying to kill off a nagging cold ... will try to work out later to maybe sweat it out of my system.

Other than that, lots of NCAA 07 today (played golf yesterday) and a poker game to coincide with Miami-FSU. I'll be sure to bring my bad beats stories to tell Walter_Sobchak. ;)

7. Beer_Baron

Beer_Baron Member

A rare and welcome off day. No teleconferences, no stories due, no nothing.

Gonna go have burgers on the grill with the family and drink some beer.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Will head off to the gym in about half an hour and get in a nice hour workout.
    Then come home have lunch, relax for an hour, cook dinner and then bring it to work with me for a night on the copy desk.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Singing the anthem at the first exhibition game for the Brampton Battalion.

It's hockey season! Go Troops Go!

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch watch holiday baseball on the ESPN family of networks ... :mad:

Damn. So much for that.

Maybe I'll go help sportschick unpack ... ehhhh, 2500-mile commute.

So much for that.

Well then, I have no choice. Surfline says local conditions are good for long-boarding. ;D

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Have to write at least four stories and conduct interviews for three others. Gonna be a long day. Someone drink a Sam Octoberfest for me. :mad:

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I will continue scouring the Internet to find papers that actually gave a shit about the Mike Keenan resignation. Could be an all-day gig.

Draft saved Draft deleted