1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LaBeouf LeBusted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 27, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I give him a pass if he went crazy watching the last 45 minutes of Transformers: Age Of Extinction. I know I did. There's a decent two-hour movie in there, but no way in hell at 2:45.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

For a Disney sitcom, that show was surprisingly watchable.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. I had no idea it was that long. The entire appeal is giant robots blowing crap up, which just screams to come in under two hours. What the hell was Bay thinking?

I thought perhaps they'd do a better job without wasting so much time on LaBeouf's character this time.

4. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would make an action movie, geared at a younger audience and make it that long.

Transformers I was almost 2 1/2 hours and the second and third were over 2 1/2.

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

He eventually wore thin on Spielberg when he railed against how shitty the last Indiana Jones movie turned out while doing press for the opening. I read an interview with Harrison Ford, and to paraphrase, the kid didn't know when it was time to speak candidly and when it was time to sell the product. I ain't complaining. If pissing off Spielberg cost us an inferior spin off of Indy, LaDouche did the cinematic world a big favor.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

So, who belongs on the list of people who have done their best to fire-bomb their career?

1) LaBeouf.

2) Bieber.

3) Katherine Heigl.

Who else?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

4) Lohan

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, how could I miss that.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

5) A_QB.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Consider the possibility we're not just looking at someone who is trying to get attention or who sucks at acting, but a guy who is bipolar, schizophrenic or both.
    I tend not to show much mercy for these rich-boy mischief-makers, but with Le Beef there also seems to be a Nickelbackian movement to hate the guy for no reason.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, for one reason, he seems to fall into these leading-man action-hero roles when he seems more like that last guy you'd pick if putting together a football team. Plus he apparently thinks he is hot stuff.

12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, Lohan is the runaway winner because she did it just as she was hitting the A-list. At least the others got to enjoy the A-list for a few years and a few paychecks before ruining their careers because of their own stupidity.

Megan Fox might be on the list as well. But her big comeback is a couple months away with the TMNT movie, which one would certainly think would be a successful franchise.

Draft saved Draft deleted