1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA Times vs. LA Dodgers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Van Lingle Mungo, Jul 12, 2006.

1. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Vinz, Zito had what was easily his worst season (2004) while dating Milano. She's more of a distraction than an inspiration.

Songbird, Choi's seven homers had as much to do with Terry Mullholland as they did actual ability. I personally think Choi had some value because he got on base much more often than guys like Edwards, etc., but it was no secret Tracy really disliked the guy. If not for DePodesta, Choi would've played even less than he did. Choi's problem was that he couldn't hit the fastball and relied on pitchers hanging a mistake. There's a reason divisional rivals called Choi "Hee Slop."

Colletti's done a solid job so far, but trading Dioner Navarro for one of the worst left-handers in the game and Toby Hall is not going to register well in five years, or even five months.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Jeebus... wasn't she banging Pavano when he and Penny were teammates on the champion Marlins team in 2003?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It may very well be true about Choi. We'll never know. I had the same arguments about Jeff Hamilton way back. Yes, he stunk it up. But I always held out that he'd mature at some point. At least Beltre had a mammoth year. The Dodgers gave Hamilton more than enough time, a couple of seasons if my memory serves, but he never got it. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted