1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA Times uncovers diaper crisis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Diapers are a major expense when you have a young kid. We tried to go the cloth route, but we were constantly doing laundry. I can't even imagine trying to do that without our own machines in the house.

We spring for Pampers because we get much fewer leaks and blowouts than with Luvs, which are quite a bit cheaper. The problem with getting generic store brand stuff is you never know what you are going to get. Say you get the Target brand it might be just as good as Pampers when you start, they might even actually be made by Pampers, but a couple of months later Target might contract with another company and the quality could go way, way down.

We lucked out last time I bought diapers Target was having a big sale, plus we had a good coupon, plus 5 percent off with our Redcard, plus another 5 percent from pharmacy rewards and got like 350 diapers for $20.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

From what I've been told, boys take longer to get going. Have you tried the let him walk around naked route?
    Luckily, our daughter has picked up on it quick. My mother used her hippie mind tricks and got her on the potty quick. Downside is she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming because she has to pee.

3. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

You cannot sterilize a diaper by hand washing. And yes, diapers full of poop need sterilizing.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nah, poor people should be forced to use their sinks as toilets too. That will incentivize them not to be poor.

Awesome idea, AQB!

Draft saved Draft deleted