1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA Times to get smaller?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Aug 21, 2014.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

And I don't mean space cuts. Yeah, this probably saves on newsprint, but sounds like they may be going the route of Cincinnati and Portland in terms of newspaper design.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It kills me every time I pick up the Star-Telegram how tiny it is. If you put it next to the paper from 15 years ago, it looks like a kid's toy version of a newspaper. Actually, it looks like that even without the old paper to compare it to.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

(Insert metro newspaper name here) is getting smaller.
  4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, all papers are getting smaller. But not many are switching to a tab format. I don't think readers like the tabloid for anything other than inserts. But just shrinking the paper a bit is not a big deal. You get used to it quickly ... ours has shrunk a few times, and it does look cartoonishly small next to some of our old ones, but I don't give it much of a though after a few weeks of reading it.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Cincinnati is really sad. I hadn't seen it until I visited for a weekend and almost thought the paper was just a mini-edition for my hotel.
Draft saved Draft deleted