1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA Times sports section

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by starrman, Jul 29, 2008.

1. starrman

starrman New Member

Today: SIX pages. ZERO ads.

Not much I can add to that.

2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

They are there. Just check the photos.

[​IMG]

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not even a kabuki hut? Damn..

4. eyecu

eyecu Member

Can't get any smaller than that without combining sections.

/just the beginning.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I read that on L.A. Observed. Wow. Just wow.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, they did just confirm the Teixeira trade first. So, they have that going for them.

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

ESPN will be first ... just give them a few minutes.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I saw this at lunch. Keep reducing this paper, M-Fers... keep giving me a reason to stop subscribing.

9. maberger

maberger Member

i've been wondering wether to stay subscribed, thinking maybe it's important to support the paper despite how horrific management now is and how the paper is just plummeting. And then i think cancelling might be the only way to convince them what they're doing is wrong.

but it was kinda depressing over breakfast this morning, with nearly nothing to hold in the entire paper. stories like 'the dark knight has only titanic to conquer now' are terrible, but it's the only paper we've got.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

http://notthelatimes.com/

Seems like an appropriate place to put this, courtesy of Paul Oberjuerge's blog. (Apologies if it's a D_B.)

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The most viewed story list is a nice touch.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I canceled last week ... taken the LAT since it merged with the Mirror in the 1960s. I recently had a stretch when I was out of town for a few days. Another few days when I didn't have time to read it. And I didn't miss it.
    They bumped the rate a bit. I told them I wanted the lower rate. They wouldn't give it to me unless I gave them a credit card. I didn't want to do that, didn't want to read off my credit card number to "Faith" who I'm sure was actually named Fatima.
    I might start it again if they call with a starter rate.

Draft saved Draft deleted