1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA Times reporting Dwayne Jarrett is ineligible

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Geauxdawg, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Geauxdawg

Geauxdawg Member

www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-usc16jun16,1,2198522.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-coll-usc

Jarrett will have to apply for reinstatement cause of the apartment he shared with Matt Leinart.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

They should both be tossed for paying $3800 for living in an overwrought, cheesy-assed complex. That's pricey, even for L.A. standards.

That apartment complex is just west of the Pasadena freeway. Downtown's on the other side of the freeway. Matty's pad is on the western fringe of the downtown renaissance.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But they don't pay $3800. They pay $650 apiece for it, and Leinart's dad makes up the difference.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That wouldn't be illegal for Leinart, but would for Jarrett...

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

KY, I hear you, but my point was more about paying $3800 for rent, regardless of how it's divided up. And I say this as someone who has lived in L.A. since 1994.

6. KYSportsWriter

OK. I just read it wrong, I guess. I pay $267 a month and thought that was bad...until I saw this thread.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

$267 a month? For what, a cardboard box?

8. KYSportsWriter

Haha. I live on the cheap side of Lexington. It's a two-bedroom, 900-square foot apartment.

9. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

There are some cheap places to live. When I lived in a small town in North Carolina, I paid $425 for a two-bedroom house in a nice neighborhood. Now I live in Charleston, S.C. and I pay $758 for a two-bedroom apartment outside of the city. $267 is pretty impressive. I had a roommate the last six months in N.C. and we split a two-bedroom apartment. We both paid like $250 or something like that a month.

10. KYSportsWriter

Well, it's $535/month, but just $267 on my part...lol

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

So what did you have to do to get your roommate to pay the extra dollar? :D

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I pay $550 for a spacious one-bedroom with a washer/dryer and a pet fee figured in. Not too bad. In college, four of us split a house in Blacksburg (three levels, four bedrooms) with a washer/dryer and a deck and each paid $200 a month. I miss those days.

Draft saved Draft deleted