1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LA Times poll: McCain would crush Hillary Clinton in pres race ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Disappointing. But it could mean as much as exit polls at the last election ...

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-prezpoll14dec14,0,4176083.story?coll=la-home-headlines

I've never heard of this Mitt Romney guy ...

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Did you miss the sarcastic font on the Romney comment? God I hope so...

As for the poll, neither one has a snowball's chance to be nominated so it's all academic anyway.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good news for Hillary:

If she runs, she would get about 55 million votes, which would have been enough to win the 2000 election.

Bad news for Hillary:

If she runs, her opponent would get about 80 million votes, because the turnout to vote against her would dwarf the 120 million who voted in 2004.

4. JackS

JackS Member

I have absolutely no idea why the conservatives within the Republican party would favor Giuliani over McCain, other than sheer ignorance.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A poll in November 1991 had George H.W. Bush beating Bill Clinton 65-35 in Clinton's home state, IIRC.

The point being, it's an eternity to election day.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

McCain's best chance to win the presidency is to run against Hillary.

The next two years are going to be really interesting...

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm with TigerVols on neither of them having a chance to be nominated.

As for the question of conservatives favoring Rudy, they like guys who act tough and bully people and kickass on criminals like suqeegee men and panhandlers in the NYC streets...
    oh yeah, and condone police brutality

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Their conservo-chubby will disappear as soon as they discover Rudy is pro-gun control, pro-choice, and supports gay rights.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Guess McCain donning his kneepads for the religious right is paying off...

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A_F posts this like it's some sort of surprise.

I think I would poll higher than Hillary, despite being 10 years from being able to run for President.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This may be true, and you are correct that it's an eternity until election day, but what Bill Clinton had going for him was that he was an unknown quantity, who was able to define himself and rise from nowhere. Hilary Clinton's problem is that she is too much of a known quantity. That's great if you are adored. It's really hard to overcome, if you're not.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Those are all the reasons I like him... Even the stuff Spnited said...

Draft saved Draft deleted