1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"L-Word" actress: I kissed a girl and Southwest didn't like it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 27, 2011.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I don't want to disappoint!

We'll see how they do with ATL. Now that I'm paying for flights...(And bags)

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I haven't paid for a flight in over a year.

Kinda nice.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I try not to fly any of the regional airlines that the US majors contract out to do their regional flying. Newbies out of flight school and recycled burn outs who can't get a job at one of the big airlines...No Thanks.

FWIW Valuejet's issue was not poor planes, it was a maintenance mistake that loaded a dangerous good that should never have flown.

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Yeah, I'm sure people will boycott an airline after seeing some lesbian's tweet...

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Mitt Romney constantly name checks Southwest. It's getting to the point of self-parody.

6. alirenL

alirenL New Member

Leisha Hailey, the 40-year-old celebrity who starred in the Showtime series “The L Word” as bisexual writer Alice Pieszecki, tweeted that Southwest Airlines kicked her and partner Camila Grey off Flight 2274 on Monday because the couple shared a lesbian kiss while on the plane. According to Southwest, however, the real purpose was a display of offensive terminology. I was able to read an article related to this issue, please allow me to share it here. Article source: Leisha Hailey claims Southwest Air booted her over lesbian kiss.

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear about “The L Word” actress who was kicked off a Southwest flight for kissing her girlfriend?

Draft saved Draft deleted