1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"L-Word" actress: I kissed a girl and Southwest didn't like it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Got a flight from here to Oakland recently. $170 round trip from the Southwest website.
    Checked out Orbitz, Travelocity and Price Line. Fares started at about $300, went up to nearly $600 and none were nonstop. Some went through Phoenix, some went through Seattle, some through Denver, one through Chicago. All had 3-4 hour layovers, at least. One fare was $469, went through Seattle with an 8-hour layover. Travel time, 13 hours. You could hitchhike up the 5 and get there quicker.
    So, let's keep bitching about Southwest, eh?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They don't fly where I want to go.

Other than that, I guess they're OK for some people.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And there are lots of famous people on Southwest flights in California for this reason. Paula Abdul, while she was on Idol, got in a big flap at the gate after playing the "Do you know who I am" card on Southwest.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Did he yell out "Awww, here it goes!" as the plane took off?

5. SkiptomyLou

SkiptomyLou Member

Southwest has no bag fees

6. Lanky

Lanky New Member

No shit? They should find some way of making people more aware of that.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Southwest is the airline version of camping. Some people love it, but it's not my cup of tea. To each his own.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Nice.

I once saw Common on a SWA flight.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

WN is one of those airlines that people either love/hate. In the Southwest, I can see why they're popular.

And, as I've said before, they have bag fees, just it's included in the price.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I fucking KNEW you were coming here to say that.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, ew

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And Southwest is perfectly fine. I merely want a plane that will provide me with a smooth-enough ride so I can sleep or read. And what the fuck do you choose a flight for, other than for going where you need to go at the lowest possible price? And there aren't any death-trap airlines like Valujet anymore.

And LTL, was thinking the exact same thing. When someone mentioned bags, I was thinking, "wait for it....wait for it...."

Draft saved Draft deleted