1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L&O:CI loses Noth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 27, 2008.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Holy jumping Jesus. I actually agree with Old Tony on something. I must reexamine my position.

OK, I just did. But I still think "Raines" was pretty good.
    On CI, what's everybody's best guess on how much weight D'Onofrio has gained over the past 5 yearrs? I'm saying 40 pounds.

2. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

I assume that the show is still alternating casts each week, with D'Onofrio/Erbe one week, and Noth or Goldblum with nubile partner?

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

D'Onofrio's fantastic.

He'll always be Private Pyle to me for the rest of his life.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

D'Onofrio is CI, he and Erbe should do every show. That said, dunno about this choice. Hopefully, Witt will be gone. She's grating.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I kind of thought D'Onofrio's weight gain was part of the character development. He went through the death of his mother, plus the possibility that his father might be a serial killer, his brother on the streets, then his "undercover" time in the mental institution. I think the weight and the scruffy appearance are to show his emotional hardship.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I enjoy the plots in CI more than regular L&O. Last week's CI was a brilliant fake out casting Eric Roberts and Brenda Strong. Never woulda thought SHE was the killer. That was a juke.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tonight is the final Noth ep of L&O:CI. One of my favorite Logan lines, explained the character completely:

My mother used to hold a rosary in one hand while she beat me with the other. The next time I enter a church, six of my closest buddies will be carrying me.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The question isn't who keeps writing it...(dons glasses)...it's who keeps watching it?

(YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Chef

Chef Active Member

ADA Ben Stone squeals with delight upon hearing of this news.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The original L&O was at its best when Noth was on the show...

It's still good, but that was the peak.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Noth + Orbach, together from middle of season 3 through season 5. Best cop combo!

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

We all knew this was coming when he married that trampy sex columnist.

Draft saved Draft deleted