1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. Traffic/Directions HELP

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by You're With Me Leather, Dec 3, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Living here since '94, nothing befuddles L.A. drivers like rain, however small, and a one degree or more curve on any road.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

10 percent chance of rain Thursday, 70 percent Friday, 40 percent Saturday.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

see ya in the spring. does your couch pull out?

4. Nah, but we've got a guest room - and no more squirrels.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the heartbreakers will be on their best behavior.

6. All, thanks again for the help. Did the final day at the park yesterday. Left Mickey and Friends garage at 4:15 p.m. and pulled into rental car return lot at 5:05. Seriously. Traffic was a breeze (God bless Car Pool Lanes). 5N to 91W to 605N to 105W, I think is what we did. Perfect route.
    Actually got to the airport early enough to talk the Southwest boarding agent into letting us on an earlier flight for free. All in all, the family had a great trip.

7. Also, while I hate LAX, using Southwest (Terminal 1) seems a lot easier than it should be. I have never had a any problems with getting in and out of Terminal 1 there.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

Southwest is good like that. I remember they put me on an earlier plane when I had a stop and I thought that was the greatest thing on airlines since the Wright Brothers.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

The route you took is exactly the way I went every day for 7 years between West L.A. and O.C. It's a real zig-zag but it's the fastest way 70 percent of the time.
    It is pretty confusing to try to tell it to people because they stop listening and give up when you say they're going to be on five freeways for 5-15 minutes each.
    Glad it worked out and glad your family had a good time.

Draft saved Draft deleted