1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. Traffic/Directions HELP

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by You're With Me Leather, Dec 3, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

There's an echo in here now, but Poin's directions are solid. :D

I've had some pretty shitty experiences at LAX, so leaving Disney about 3:30 is probably the best idea. a) You'll miss the heaviest rush hour traffic if you leave that early; and 2) you can never show up too early to that damned airport.

The good news is, if you get to Disney as soon as it opens, you should be able to get close to a full day in even if you have to leave at 3ish. We just got back from Universal today -- a Monday in December, and 77 wonderful degrees outside -- and the crowd was completely nonexistent. The best day to go to a theme park, IMO. Didn't have to wait in line for anything, no hassles whatsoever. It was outstanding.

And one more thing, although TigerVols probably knows this: ... you can't be too pessimistic about L.A. traffic on a late-afternoon weekday. But I would bet that your worst hassles are going to be at the airport that day, not on the freeways (as long as you stay on the right ones, of course.)

2. wow. so glad i live somewhere else.

3. my beach is less crowded

and atlantic ocean kicks pacific ocean ass

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Disagree ... on both counts.

I got a spot in Newport that's almost always vacant. Got to climb some rocks, then go down some steps to get to it. It's perfect. ... And besides, my beach stays a helluva lot warmer during the winter. :p

5. Sandoval

Sandoval Member

You know what else is a once-in-a-lifetime moment? Spending the night sleeping on a bench at LAX because you wanted "just one more ride, pleeeease daddy...".

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Stay. Off. The. Four. Oh. Five.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

that's great, football. and true. i had a vision of you pretending to be keanu saying that with such enunciation.good stuff.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As I look at the foot of snow outside my apartment I only have one thing to say. I hate you. I would kill for 40 degrees and less than 15 mph winds at this point.

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Straight from a day at Disneyland onto a plane?

Nothing personal, Leather, but glad I'm not on that flight.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm glad you don't live here, too. (Nothing personal, but there are a couple million others already here who I wish would go back home.)

11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

If you're staying at one of the official Disney hotels, ask for one of the passes that entitle you to get into Disneyland one hour before opening time.

If not, once you're in, go IMMEDIATELY to get the Fast Pass for the most popular rides. The Fast Pass is basically a reservation to come back later and ride at a given time. You could save an hour for each one you use.

12. Exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted