1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. Times reports Bryant is NBA's MVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, May 3, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would have voted for Paul, but it's absurd to say Bryant is undeserving.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'd say there is a fair bit of interest in Canada.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

OK, I get it. I don't see where a postseason awards show is so drastically better than the way the other sports do it, but I get it.

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

The reason the NBA awards get leaked is because it's being fed to reporters. There can be no leak if there is no "anonymous" informant letting it out early every fucking year.
    Just come right out with it at the end of the season, ceremony and everything.
    Instead we get to hear -- "Marc Stein of ESPN.com has learned by reading the L.A. Times like way super early in the morning, and confirmed by a source close to the league that we can't name because of some stupid-shit insider agreement, that Kobe Bryant will be named NBA MVP in 4 days." Like it matters who announces the thing anyway.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think it's fed to reporters... It's just not that hard to email a handful of writers and ask them who they voted for...

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a handful?

Draft saved Draft deleted