1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. Times endorses Obama, McCain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Big news for Obama. This might help McCain among moderates, but it likely hurts him among the conservative base.

Obama: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-dem3feb02,0,3530861.story

McCain: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-gop3feb02,0,3919492.story

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In the language of metaphor, Clinton is an essay, solid and reasoned; Obama is a poem, lyric and filled with possibility. Clinton would be a valuable and competent executive, but Obama matches her in substance and adds something that the nation has been missing far too long -- a sense of aspiration.

I owe someone at the LAT a beer for that closing.

Well said.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Donkey Wars IV: A New Hope.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

It was not well said.
    Hillary wouldn't be a valuable leader

:D

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This will help both of them immensely. McCain may not be as conservative as some would like, but given the competition, I don't think the conservative base will be voting for the other side...

6. It is still stupid for newspapers to endorse a candidate in each primary.

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I don't think newspaper endorsements make a whit of difference in a presidential primary or in a presidential election. All it does is reinforce the stereotypes people have about a candidate or your paper.
    Newspaper endorsements can make a difference in local elections and ballot initiatives. But I don't think you're going to get any facts or opinion about a candidate you couldn't find just by watching debates and speeches or reading articles about them

Draft saved Draft deleted