1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A./Orange County/San Diego advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you are in Anaheim, do not eat Zito's Pizza, which is hands-down the worst pizza I have ever eaten.

I'd rather get kicked in the testicles.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So no San Diego and no testicle kicking. Thanks. Keep 'em coming. Staying in Irvine to piggyback on wife's business trip and will have 20-year-old son and his girlfriend along.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ditch the wife and son, bang the girlfriend.

BDC99 and TeamBud like this.
  4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Just hit up Disneyland and the beach. I'd suggest the boardwalks/nearby beach communities in either Huntington Beach or Laguna Beach.

That'll be enough for a short, busy time span, you'll be able to do it without having to go crazy driving, and you'll all have a nice time.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dang. I had the over/under on that post at two postings.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm pro-San Diego. I'm just saying it isn't as convenient as might look on a map from Orange County.

I went to a fantastic carneceria in Santa Ana, but I don't remember the name.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

If you want to go to San diego you can take Amtrak down there pretty easily. It's a nice ride along the ocean and the train lets you off either right in old town or in the heart of downtown SD. It's like $18 each way.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I vote Long Beach, with the Queen Mary, the aquarium, great food, Horny Corner, 2nd Street -- full day. 25 minutes up the 405.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Vombatus will be waiting for you on Horny Corner.

Ace likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No love for Hollywood? C'mon!

Sure it's touristy but it's worth seeing -- Mann's, Walk of Fame...grab some chicken and waffle's at Roscoe's. Swing through the Farmer's Market and Rodeo Drive on the way there, and you've got yourself a fine, fun day.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We may do the touristy Hollywood thing one day, Tiger.
    What about Catalina Island? Any do's or don'ts if we spend a day there?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Be a doll and cover an Avalon High baseball game.

Draft saved Draft deleted