1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

L.A. HOPES TO SIGN TORRE

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportsnut, Oct 29, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Best line of the night. Plus, the Kalter "interview" was hysterical.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just a great night to watch Letterman, period. Glad I had off from work so that I could catch it.

3. dmc

dmc Guest

Will Rivera and Posada follow Torre to LA?

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

You people are so quick to accept anything that is printed. Hey, I hope it happens, for Joe's sake, but I'm just not as quick to jump on the bandwagon, at least until the Dodgers' managerial position is open. Maybe it's my age at work but I don't believe everything I read in the paper. (Hey, didn't Torre say that?)

5. markvid

markvid Guest

You're right, but as soon as he leaves one job, he's got a line of people waiting to talk to him.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe Grady Little can go to the Pirates and leave Zack Duke in for a few extra innings.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

After they fix the mess they made of his motion.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

FSR is reporting that Little resigned, but there is nothing concrete as of now.

If I'm Grady, I wouldn't walk out of Chavez Ravine without McCourt cutting a check for $1 million or more.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) ラ Grady Little resigned as manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday, paving the way for Joe Torre to take the job.
    The 57-year-old Little leaves with one year remaining on his contract plus a club option for 2009. Team owner Frank McCourt said on the season's final day that Little would return next year, but recently several news outlets reported the Dodgers were speaking with Torre about their managerial job.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sounds like a front-office schmuck asking for a resignation, to me.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Little is the schmuck if he gave it to them without getting a settlement.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How bad does this make the Dodgers look?

Draft saved Draft deleted