1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KY lawmaker wants to ban anonymous comments online

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Completely unconstitutional, but I wouldn't mind if my paper dropped our anonymous comments.

I assume it wouldn't pertain to certain message boards ...

http://www.wtvq.com/content/midatlantic/tvq/video.apx.-content-articles-TVQ-2008-03-05-0011.html

Kentucky Representative Tim Couch filed a bill this week to make anonymous posting online illegal.

The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site.

Their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site. The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

Representative Couch says he filed the bill in hopes of cutting down on online bullying. He says that has especially been a problem in his Eastern Kentucky district.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

More blather from someone no one ever heard of offering up an impossible solution to something.

Dumbass couldn't throw a football straight either.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Is this the same Tim Couch that quarterbacked?

His measure is noble, his comments are bullshit. There's not that many bullies who have electricity, let alone computers, in Eastern Kentucky.

4. The funny thing is there's nothing to stop you from posting either a fake name and fake or anonymous email address ...

5. TheSportsPredictor

Why of course there is. TIM COUCH'S LAW!! That law will stop me just defenses stopped Tim Couch from throwing touchdown passes.

6. [​IMG]

"Yeah, um, I want all the mean anonymous posters to stop criticizing the Browns picking me No. 2. Post your real name motherfuckers so I can beat your ass one by one"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not the same guy, but he is from the same town.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/legislator/H090.htm

Which proves, once again, that you are as ignorant as a newborn cockroach.

8. TheSportsPredictor

I know it's not the same Tim Couch, but it's still fun to pretend it is!

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Do you always take yourself, and life, so seriously?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who got drafted ahead of him?

11. haha, you're right, I fumbled that one ... actually confused him with Ryan Leaf for a sec ..

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Easy to confuse the two given their sucky careers, but I think Couch nailed more Playmates.

Draft saved Draft deleted