1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kwame Harris arrested for felony domestic violence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And outed, since the fight was with a former boyfriend. (Or had he come out previously?)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21621244/kwame-harris-involved-in-alleged-incident-with-former-boyfriend

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

More gays athletes need to come out, if only for lines like these:

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I follow Stanford and the 49ers and Raiders pretty closely, and I have never heard anything about him coming out.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The long version from a different story:

The trouble started August 21 when Harris and ex-boyfriend Dimitri Geier were sharing dinner at Su Hong restaurant in Menlo Park. Harris was to drive Geier to San Francisco International Airport for a flight following the meal. But the men began to argue after Geier poured soy sauce on some rice, which upset Harris, according to a civil lawsuit Geier filed in San Mateo County.

The arguing continued and escalated, until finally Harris revoked his offer to drop Geier off at the airport. Geier agreed to take a cab instead, but as they went to retrieve has bags from Harris' car the dispute turned violent. Harris allegedly tried to pull down Geier's pants and accused the ex of stealing his underwear, according to the suit.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Well he's out now, so he's altogether a criminal and a hero in San Francisco. Couldn't have picked a better area to have a football career, however short it was. And you wonder if this personal characteristic might have shortened his career anyway.

Bet you there's a war chest of legal defense funds available to him in exchange for being an activist.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Soy sauce on rice is delicious.

No homo.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think this could be a pretty big story if it evolves to opening the door to gays playing in professional sports.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

"arrested for". Sigh.

9. dog eat dog world

Um, hello? They are, or have, in good ol' Frisco for one spot. The issue: Don't subject it to potential locker room discussion.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Back to Versatile's post, yeah, he's right. And especially when it's Soy Vay Sauce on rice.

http://www.soyvay.com/

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's just me, but I have no idea what this post means.

There's an out gay professional athlete currently playing on a big league team in San Francisco?

12. dog eat dog world

Another liberal's head is spinning.
    Kwame spent all of his playing days, college and all, in the San Fran area (Stanford, then SF, then Oakland). He obviously felt more comfortable knowing who he was in the land of tolerance (as long as it is someone/group that makes their tolerance list). Then the first-rounder is out at a fairly young age. I know what I've said is presumptuous, but it is not unrealistic, to think he was making a few people nervous in a workplace setting where his lifestyle makes people nervous. The NFL is still this way.

Draft saved Draft deleted