1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KU's Wright going pro

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Said multiple times he would stay three years. Guess not.

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/64233.html

Can't blame him. Sounds like he'll be a top-10/15 pick for sure.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Somewhere, Oz is crying right now.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

The problem for KU now is convincing everyone else not to follow him. No, KU didn't have Florida's foursome, but it does have a guy whose two older brothers probably left too early and a couple of guards who might have dumbasses in their ears.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I know he's a kid but man, he should have just said no comment instead of saying multiple times he was coming back. Now he looks like a clown.

Sorry, Oz.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Someone get Oz off the ledge.

6. For anyone interested in reading more about it, the Lawrence (www.kusports.com) paper had a more in-depth story and a column today on the Wright situation than what ran in the KC Star.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

At least the writer was very humble in that story about his reporting.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Wright will flourish in the Association. He only disappears every third game, which is generally worthy of All-Star consideration.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Plus, he can't shoot for shit. Still gonna be a good player, though.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, I had braced myself for that since the UCLA loss. He's too good a passer, too good a scorer (at times) not to at least explore his NBA draft status. He's the first KU sophomore in quite some time to declare -- Gooden and Pierce were both juniors.

So long as Darrell Arthur stays a second season -- which he should, following the Wright blueprint -- he can do the job. But while Rush might not be as talented as Wright, KU doesn't exactly have someone who could replace him in the starting lineup and effectively do the same job. I'm curious to see what happens with him, especially given the family history.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

JaRon's drinking problems -- heard gin was his liquor of choice -- were the only reason he wasn't a stud professionally. He had the tools, too. Brandon apparently learned to stear clear of that a little better than Kareem did, who was a few steps above JaRon.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Reading The Star's story, that line about his advisor's telling him not to risk a poor junior season, it just makes me think of the money. What if the kid has a stellar junior season? Why not take that risk and increase your draft position. Especially with the top 2 picks probably locked up this season, depending on Durant and Oden's decisions.

Draft saved Draft deleted