1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kurt Warner to Tim Tebow: Tone it down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

This.

It won't make a difference. Religious zealots don't give a shit what other people think of them.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Tebow shuts up now, though, he is going to hear it worse from his supporters for giving up on his principles.

Side note: He does look a lot like Brenda Warner, with a slightly more feminine haircut.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Kurt used to piss me off with the incessant God talk, and now he doesn't do it much anymore if it all. Kudos to him.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love it that he irritates so many people. Love it.

I've started counting three hours of watching the Broncos as an extended church session. I calculate I can make it to heaven if the Broncos can make it to the AFC championship game this year.

5. dieditor

dieditor Member

I seem to remember some rumblings in St. Louis right before Warner left about him really pissing off some teammates with his religious actions (Bibles at practice, etc.). Maybe Kurt learned his lesson. If I was part of the Broncos braintrust that would be my only real concern with Tebow and religion...I wouldn't want him creating a split in the locker room.

6. Bodie_Broadus

It's always funny to me when people say this.

A buddy of mine loves Tebow, talks about him as if they were BFF's, but, he hates guys like Chad Johnson, TO, and every player in the NBA.

I don't know if it is what I think it is, but it sure looks like it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if we could find a transcript of Warner at media day at the 1999 Super Bowl.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

As I understand it, though, there is no more god-squadder sport than football. Just about everyone is on the bandwagon for Jesus. Teams have prayer circles together after games. There have been lots of stories written about this.

The interesting thing about Warner backing away from it is that, as I understand it, evangelicals are taught to embrace such "persecution." It's interesting that he changed course in the face of it. Like he said in the Tebow story, I think he saw he was doing his cause more harm than good. He did a mental cost-benefit analysis.

9. LongTimeListener

Ask your mom. She'll be able to tell you with complete certainty.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

haha, if you want to come out and call someone a RACIST, come out and say it, it'll only be about the billionth time someone's been called that on this board. Don't be such a chickenshit.

I'm an athiest, couldn't care less about god. I don't even like Tebow. I just like that he irritates so many people.

And Chad and TO were first class jackoffs in every sense of the word, regardless of their color. Tebow doesn't appear to be.

11. Bodie_Broadus

I am bothered way more by Tebow's bullshit than I ever was by anything TO or Johnson did.

12. LongTimeListener

Says a lot more about you, Bodie. I don't think you can say anything Tebow has ever done has detracted from the goal of winning.

Draft saved Draft deleted