1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kurt Cobain sucked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 17, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And then when they found success, they cried about it.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Anybody that would listen. It's one of the reasons I stopped listening to Pearl Jam --- I thought Vedder needed a swift kick in the balls.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Very well played. And if DP needs encouragement, he'll get it from me.

4. Wheel Gunner

Wheel Gunner Member

Again not to thread jack, but I had another question about R&R.   Remembering my experience with R&R is both extremely limited and ancient, does there exists a better guitar riff than the one in Maggot Brain? If so the artist and the song please.

[​IMG]

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I always enjoyed "The Ballad of Jed Clampett" sung to the tune of "Money For Nothing," from the cult classic "UHF."

With Michael Richards as Stanley Spadowski and Tony Geary in the best role of his career by far. [/not a general hospital fan]

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I hate to do this but only to have a minor threadjack...

While we're discussing some of the better bands of certain eras—I.E. Pearl Jam and Grunge—and how the eras end and new ones form; what on earth has spawned the emergence of emo (Pop Punk.(?)) into the mainstream?

Isn't emo the softer side of 'punk'? Isn't that what it's being classified as?

7. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

What spawned emo? In my opinion, it's Weezer ... and people trying to be Weezer, failing miserably and generating a new form of awful music.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can we please move onto "Dave Matthews Sucks" now please? ;D

9. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I'll definitely weigh in there! :-*

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

11. Flash

Flash Guest

And no matter how many times someone says it: AVRIL LAVIGNE IS NOT PUNK!!!

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that modern music polarizes fans more than the older stuff did. My running joke is that I dont hate the Dave Matthew Band, I hate Dave Matthews Band fans because the worst thing you can ever say to them is that you don't like DMB. "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" They gasp, "How can you not like Dave? He's such a good guy. He does a lot of philanthropic work, he..." Hey, I dont care for his music, got it? Meanwhile, in a former life I worked with diehard Beatles and Grateful Dead fans and they were all kind of like "hey, that's cool. It's not for everyone," if you mentioned that you weren't all that big of a fan.

FWIW, I was a senior in high school when Kobain bit the narrow end of the Remington and got sick of the over hype surrounding his suicide. Then again, I always liked Pearl Jam and Soundgarten more anyways. Nirvana is however a band that has grown on me over time, maybe because it's a momento from my youth.

Draft saved Draft deleted