1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kurt Cobain sucked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 17, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

if double j wasn't looking to start a fight the thread may have been called 'i don't like nirvana' -- but then he wouldn't have gotten his precious attention, so, you know, hence, 'kurt cobain sucked'

and i won't even get into his views of suicide and mental health... those are just too idiotic to respond

2. Flash

Flash Guest

You must all go buy Disturbed CDs now.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I know that's how I deal with being told that Cobain sucks, as opposed to the person just saying he/she doesn't like him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I keed, I keed.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Save me from the darkness, zeke, you omnipotent god.

5. HoopsMcCann

we established that fact when you were cheering for georgia tech

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Unskinny bop, nothing more to say."

Ah, but it appears there is. Parsing? Unmitigated stupidity? Is that what you call it when someone produces evidence to show they're telling the truth and you're just twisting their words around to prove your own flawed argument? Wow, all of a sudden this is a political thread and you've turned into a combination of trounced and bobblehead. Congratulations!

You know what? To me Poison was truer than Nirvana. Did their songs have a deeper meaning or affect people in the same way? Probably not, but I've always liked their music better and identified more with it. That's all that matters. That's my preference. You don't like it or agree with it, fine. But don't twist my words or put new ones in my mouth that I didn't say. Raped my little sister? Wow, where did that one come from?

Keep shovelling the bullshit, zeke. The only thing you're doing is burying yourself in it.

"Ain't looking for nothing but a good time, and it don't get better than this."

If I had called the thread "I don't like Nirvana," somehow I feel you would have found a snide response for me anyway, you sanctimonious fuck.

And what a clever way of not getting into my views of suicide and mental health but doing so anyway by calling them idiotic. Too bad you have nothing else for me, so why don't you go find something else to do? Jerk someone else's chain, hump someone else's leg, I don't give a shit which or who.

7. HoopsMcCann

1. really? you think? i guess you would

2. but you're not calling anyone names....

3. not even worth it with you -- and really, not even close to possible to debate with someone with such a reprehensible starting point

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Hey Zeke. You don't like Disturbed. We get it. Could you please, please, please just accept the fact we don't like Nirvana and move on? Talk about beating a dead horse ... I thought you were smarter than that.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

To be honest, I'd rather listen to cats fucking in the alley than Nirvana. Would you like to post the lyrics to that and demand I analyse them?

10. joe

joe Active Member

No, seriously. I have the guns and the liquor. Ask Buck.
    And I'll still punch Berman in the face if somebody will get me the (roundtrip) plane ticket. Oh, and some bail money.

11. Wheel Gunner

Wheel Gunner Member

Haven't read this thread.   Never heard a Kurt Cobain song.   All I know about rock and roll is Hendrix,  Zeppelin and the Doors.   Since this appears to be a rock and roll thread I thought |I would post it here. Here's the thing.   I watch a lot of HDTV for no other reason than it is |HDTV.    There's this special that's on INHD channel right now on a band called the Phish.   Heard of them of course, again never heard them perform before.  Am I missing something? They play incredibly boring music, the equivalent of nothing but musical cliches but they seem to have a huge following.    Whats the deal here?   Thanks

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Have we started a donation fund for this? And I agree, the argument has reached the level of ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted