1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kurt Cobain sucked

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

2. Flash

Flash Guest

So answer my question: Why does it bother you sooooooooo much that we don't like Nirvana? Because, y'see, neither one of us has attempted to convert you to our way of thinking. We've just stated our opinions.
    I think Nirvana is mindless crap.
    I think Kurt Cobain sucked.
    I never once said Disturbed is the greatest or even my favourite band. I only used them as an example.
    But please, please, please read between the lines and tell me what I really said.

3. joe

joe Active Member

Um, I don't think Cobain or Nirvana ever said that the world owed him anything. An expression of frustration and impotent anger does not equate to "My life sucks. You owe me." He wrote about life as he saw it, about life as his had unfolded.
    Nirvana didn't change my life, but it gave me -- anew -- an example of the power of music, how something visceral and raw could speak so eloquently. I'm a Nirvana fan. If you're not, that's cool. It doesn't make either one of us better than the other. Personal preference. Live and let live.
    Peace. Out.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Best explanation of Nirvana I've seen in this thread. That's cool. Thanks.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Britney Spears rocks.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Joe, you rock more than Britney Spears.

Oh wait, that must mean I don't "get" Brit. :eek:

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Maybe I think you're reasons justifying Nirvana's existence are bullshit. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really fucking matter!

8. Flash

Flash Guest

N*Sync blew my mind.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

New Kids on the Block were the best band in the history of music.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, zeke, we're all muddling around in the darkness without you around. Thanks for being such a beacon of pompous, overbearing intelligence.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Platinum Blonde spoke to me. And Honeymoon Suite belongs on the right-hand of God.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Personal attacks are much more fun when liquor and guns are involved. They tend to get settled much more quickly, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted