1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kudos to JENNA FRYER at NHIS

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RedSmithClone, Sep 17, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It was trying to shake out cash from Disney, plain and simple.

And it worked. Disney ponied up in the latest round of TV contracts.

2. Pi

Pi Member

I really admire her for not telling the flak to go fuck himself immediately. She's not that kind of person, but strange things happen to the best of us when on deadline.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Two words that say it all about Jenna Fryer:

Jersey girl

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

NASCAR has PR dipshits whose main job is to bully, intimidate, withhold and otherwise make our jobs as difficult as possible?

Aww, that's so cute. It's trying to act like a real sport!

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

swing and a home run.

6. DavidPoole

DavidPoole Member

OK, let's don't turn Jenna into Joan of Arc, here. I think I can say with 100 percent accuracy that if the PR guy hadn't come so completely out of left field on this one, Jenna would have let him have it with both barrels. She wasn't showing restraint as much as she was 100 percent dumb-founded. The sad thing is the PR guy really isn't a bad guy and he actually tries to do his job well. He also actually does that at a much higher than average clip for the sport. It was just one of those moments where you're like, "What in the heck just happened?"

7. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Does this PR guy have the pull in NASCAR to threaten AP with pulling their creds?

Sounds like he stepped over his bounds a bit. I assume he could make sure AP doesn't talk to his driver, but the entire company?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. NASCAR needs AP a whole lot more than the other way around.

From what we're being told on the board - others like David Poole and Jenna better know the story - the PR idiot was just pissed off and trying to get back at Jenna any way he could.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

See, I was confused by the original story here because Jenna didn't tell the guy to go fuck himself.

Shit, she's greeted me that way before.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Good clarification, Senior Poole. Based on the interaction I heard in the press conference, the dude's blast seemed uncalled for, but what do I know.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I would say you're probably right David.

Heck you obviously work with her a heck of a lot more than do I, so you would know more than I.

12. Mira

Mira Member

I agree with Poole.

I know the PR guy, he works hard and is a good guy. He made a mistake. Haven't we all made a mistake at some point in our careers?

Draft saved Draft deleted