1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kudos To All Stay-at-Home Moms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Mar 20, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ink, the Boss and I babysat for two friends who had an infant and a two-year-old, and we learned a ton.

We are not working on Puddin Two Electric Boogaloo until the Original Puddin is a little more mature and understands waiting.

We have heard this happens at about 2 1/2 for girls if we are lucky.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Our theory is, though, that the two kids will be so close in age for so long, they should have pretty much the same needs all the way through. Give or take 13 months.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yep. Ours take that. And he's a spitter. He does it A LOT, just did it all over my lap tonight.

And whoever mentioned feeling llike shit with the shots, that's nothing.

Try having to poke open your child's incision to keep the wound getting air, on the inside of his butt. Talk about feeling like a torturer.

He also likes to grab my glasses and rip them off my face. Our little angel.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As a baby my older son would wake up every two hours and after we fed him, he would scream for a half-hour. Almost nothing, except a baby swing, could console him. He is special needs, and it took him a while to talk. Once he told us 'my mouth hurts', we took him to the doc, and we found out that he had acid reflux. Our second son also has it, but he was coughing a lot early on, so we figured it out pretty quickly.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Since we have so many experienced — and new — parents on this thread, I have a question as a new dad.

Right now, we're feeding our almost-four-week-old on demand (i.e. she cries, fusses, sucks her hand and we see if she's hungry — she usually is). Problem is, on demand is as random as it gets; every hour, every two hours, four hours apart. Sometimes two ounces, sometimes six, sometimes three.

My question: Is there any way we can get into a schedule? The "every three hours" sounds so good to us. But it also sounds too good to be true right now.

Thoughts?

6. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Pete, I think it's up to the baby at this point. You'll just have to roll with it until the baby develops its own schedule. It won't be long. Hang in there.

My wife was a maid of honor in a wedding on Dec. 31, and our daughter was born Jan. 3. Not much partying that night, but it was a cool start to the new year. I was so pissed, though, that the girl came out when she did. Had she been three days earlier, the government would have owed me $1,000 more on my tax check. Funny how that works.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Puddin came on Feb. 7th, but my wife did mention the timing.

Draft saved Draft deleted