1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kudos On The SJ Makeover

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get them to fix the clock for awhile now. Hopefully they can get that done. As for the hello text, I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The server clock must be on Jupiter.

I have a blackberry, I will have a blackberry until they pry it out of my hands, or RIM finally goes RIP, which could be at any moment.

The site via blackberry looks better now than it did before. Not going to log out to find out if I have the same problem as Dyno, though.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I only logged out because when I was logged in, it wouldn't show new posts. Where it used to show "new" in brackets, I now only had empty brackets.

My blackberry will probably end up getting pried out of my hands by the end of the year when my office switches us over to new phones. Not looking forward to that.

But for now, I am seriously bummed about this new mobile sj development. :(

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What kind of blackberry? Mine shows the [NEW] buttons. And it does fit the screen much better. You might have to upgrade your software?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It's a Tour (I think. It's a few years old.) And you're probably right about needing to upgrade the software. I assume the upgrades get pushed to it, but I might be wrong about that.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The point Dyno is making isn't only for Blackberrys. When I click "login" on my laptop, I just get two empty boxes, a "360" and a "keep me logged in" box. The words "Username" and "password" appear nowhere.

Also, when I go to reply to a PM, some of the categories/listings/whatever are invisible as well.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I like it! She's a 6 now.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My account is all screwed up. I'm having the same problem as IJAG ... only on my home computer. It tries to log-in, but the authentication is invisible, among other things.

What's odd is that when I turned on my laptop, I didn't even have to log-in. I was logged in "forever" on my home computer.

It's also telling me I'm ignoring posters I'm not.

As far as look, it would be cool if there was a Youtube link option ... the kind that allows the video to show up, a la the image button, instead of just the link.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Viewing on Chrome on a Mac -- getting X for all imbedded thread photos (not avatars, tho, except for my own).

10. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I, too, am diggin' it. Though I haven't tried it on my phone, yet. That might be the real test. Looks great on my computer, though.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There seems to be a glitch where the original post about this very topic was erased for no reason.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I have trouble nailing the "New" icons from my iPhone but that'll get better with practice.

Draft saved Draft deleted