1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KU Print man vs the Radio man

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Simon, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Not sure if he's still around...haven't been back there in a few years.

Though I do remember wanting to kill living things every time I heard Fortune.

Here's a memory: I'm about 13 and at a Kansas City Blades game with my dad. Don Fortune was the guest zamboni driver or something. I'm not sure if I've heard more lustful booing in my life.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I second the guy longing for Greg Hall. I wrote some stuff on his web site for awhile before he shut it down. Had a lot of fun doing it, and Greg was a pretty cool guy to let me write for him.

As far as Keitzman, I noticed he never said King was wrong about him being in KU's locker room, pressbox, campus, etc. Keitzman was proud that he taught his son or daughter when he/she was 2 or 3 to give Lawrence the finger on their way to Manhattan.

And as far as the guy wanting to know more about the drunk episode with some chick who wasn't his wife on the side of the road? Well, you pretty much know all you need to know about that incident. And don't forget his getting cited for blowing up fireworks on the fourth a couple years ago.

Keitzman is a tool. His show used to be somewhat entertaining, but now half the time it's a bunch of mumbo-jumbo rubbish that has nothing to do with sports. And if you notice one common theme, it's every show these days has Keitzman saying, "Phone lines are WIDE open."

And I also commend the work of Jason King. Outstanding writer.

3. rolling

rolling Member

Surprised we haven't heard from Whitlock on this yet...

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I third the motion on Hall. I wished he would have continued writing for the Platte County Landmark. The quotes and his remarks after each one was the highlight of my week. The people he rips in his columns was the funny shit. Actually, his last columns are still up, including his hilarious bit on Neil Smith comments on television way down at the bottom. http://www.plattecountylandmark.com/ghall.htm

This was one of Neil Smith's goofs:
    “I think Dick Vermeil said it best. This team is now jilling toward each other.”
    Neil Smith, who said “jilling” not “jelling”, Channel 5

Back to Kietzman and King, Greg had KK at #52 and King #77 on his best-to-worst list of media yokels in K.C. KK lost all credibility after getting his rocket spit-shined in Mission Hills by the Intern. Greg was not only all over this, but so was Whitlock. Ah yeah, those were some interesting drama going on over WHB.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

BTW rolling, don't expect Big Sexy to comment, unless KK starts bitching about Whitlock again. KK couldn't hold a candle and Whitlock will whip his behind from Independence to Fort Riley. Kietzman is a fucking tool, and Clinkscale sounds like a stoolie enabling his boss' pentulant behavior.

Draft saved Draft deleted