1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KU Print man vs the Radio man

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Simon, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Sorry if I am DBing this but I doubt it would have fallen three pages. Kevin Keitzman, discussed on the board before a KC sports radio vs. Jason King, Baylor grad who covers kU. Well, the folks at bottomlinecom.com have been tracking King's and Keitzman's bashes on each other on KU and K-State message boards. This is why people in the news room laugh their asses off at the sports department. It is a joke.

http://www.bottomlinecom.com/jason_king.htm

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Kevin Keitzman is a putz who is in need of a third "K."

Jason King is a damn good beat man he's worth about 10 any radio talking heads.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

When you're being shallowly attacked by an attention-whore, argumentive radio host, you've got to take the high road if you're a reporter.

That is entertaining, though.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I take it Keitzman is accusing of King of writing whatever Lew Perkins wishes? I'm out of the loop. I've been out of the Midwest for a while now.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I will say this about Keitzman.
    One of his nephews was by far the best baseball players I ever met. Kid had some serious stuff on the mound.
    After that, can't say I have anything else nice to say about "KK".

Jason King, on the other hand, is a pretty stand-up reporter who has done a good job for a number of years. He needs to let the Keitzman shit go, though.

6. Al_Czervik

Al_Czervik Member

King has broken plenty on the KU beat, including plenty that Lew Perkins and KU officials would rather not see in the newspaper.

Kietzman is a clown. Someone needs to tell the drunk-and-parked-on-the-side-of-the-street-with-a-woman-who-is-not-his-wife story. I only know bits and pieces of that gem.

7. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Where's Greg Hall when we need him? I miss his weekly KC sports media column. Must reading.

8. JME

JME Member

I echo all of the above praise for that Keitzman guy. Classic sportstalk blowhard, except worse.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Keitzman is douchier than a perfume-spraying firehose hooked up to Rosie O'Donnell's netheregions.

He can even make Don Fortune seem halfway well-bred.

10. rolling

rolling Member

This thing is beyond funny. Keitzman can only backpedal so fast.

King broke this:
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15321946.htm

Keitzman comes on the radio the next day "outting" the source as former K-State receiver and more recent KU grad assistant Mitch Running. It wasn't Running. Running is quoted in the KC Star days later, saying Keitzman was "dragging is name through the mud," which he did.

http://www.topix.net/content/kri/2027751156301229550228854361583631813222 (halfway down)

Keitzman responds by saying it was King's fault that Keitz misreported the source on the radio, because the source was incorrectly identified in King's story as a graduate assistant, even though the NCAA's report DOES identify the source as a GA.

Keitzman has yet to shut up about it on a the K-State fan message board, as you've read in the link.

11. awriter

awriter Active Member

So is Whitlock's pal still on the radio there? I used to live in the region. Haven't been back in years.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What did King win an APSE for again? That was his puff piece on Lew Perkins right? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted