1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KTLA anchor died of meth overdose. In his ass.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 22, 2019.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

First, it was eating Tide Pods. Natural progression would lead to meth in the ass.

Batman likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Okay. A little insight into news anchors. Especially male anchors.

When we have a great newscast, some of us go into a manic but muted state of euphoria.

Which means we are ready to get down. Immediately.

My Laz-e-boy friend knows this. I’m fired up after nailing a newscast. Then I want to nail her. No meth rocks in anyone’s anus.

Similar to people I’ve known who are keynote speakers for large conventions. It’s a high. Like a drug.

If you ever see a speaker that you want to make a memory with, buy them a drink at the bar right after. Heck, they probably have a room one elevator away.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You working Freqposter's corners?

Iron_chet and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  4. exmediahack

Nice. I just know within the stress of the job and having to be “on” all the time that it’s common in the business.

In those small markets where it’s almost all 23 year old recent grads, the “long distance relationship” with the reporter’s significant other who lives in another city never lasts. Or it does after running through 2 or 3 other newsroom colleagues.

Worked with a weather guy who, throughout his life, has been engaged to FOUR of his news anchors he worked alongside. Married two of them.

Also why so many of us are boozehounds. When people get off work around 11 or midnight, they still need to come down from the rush. So they go out.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Batman likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Jeez, stay away from the Anything Goes board for a few days and you might miss something. What a story.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So is sticking meth up your ass the new sticking vodka-soaked tampons up your ass? Asking for a friend ...

7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

So, I know we're off topic here (and what a topic), but Ex, if hitting a broadcast is something, what's it like to know you did a great job on a breaking news situation? Is it similar, more draining, or still a crazy mania?

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Can't speak for Ex, but as a producer I can tell you I'm completely wired coming out of a breaking news situation. Can't imagine what it's like for the anchor.

(I don't have that same feeling after a really good show. For a producer it's more like relief than euphoria. I'm mostly hoping nothing gets fucked up.)

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Really depends on how my current relationship works out for me.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Skydiving is on my bucket list, but anal meth is not on my...fuckit list.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I have listened to thousands and thousands of hours of Motörhead. I'm counting on one of you to come and neaten things up before the news crew arrives.

12. exmediahack

Had a helluva newscast this morning.

Already clearing out so the meth rocks will fit.

Draft saved Draft deleted