1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kramer and Newman should've tried the Phoenix-to-LA route

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Dec 13, 2018.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

A restaurant I frequent switched to paper straws. I couldn’t stand them, but I didn’t complain. Thankfully, they switched back within a month.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I am old enough to remember--not using the new catch phrase, I really am --when there was s lot of cans and bottles along the side of the road. Iirc it may be one of the original reasons my state adopted the bottle bill. People are not responsible and I don't want to have to look at their fucking trash. Looking forward to more and more states doing it. Also expanding the types of containers. When it started there were not as many single serve containers being sold. They need to include all of those that have come along since the programs started.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  3. lakefront

Learn to drink like a grown up. Nothing personal but really people, a reduction in straws used would be a good thing.
    Suck it up-haha

4. lakefront

True, but even if its half, they are a problem, like most of our trash. We do need answers to this trash issue. We make lots of it.

5. lakefront

People managed with paper straws for a long time.

6. lakefront

In fact, somehow people even manage to drink, get this, without a straw!!

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Up to more than $400 in redemptions in less than a year from my Saturday and Sunday walks. Redeeming them at the local Bottle Drop is a piece of cake, takes about 15 minutes at most. A "free" breakfast for the three of us about once a month.

garrow, Hermes and lakefront like this.
  8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Using a straw is better for your teeth if you drink pretty much anything other than water. I've been meaning to get a metal straw.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I had no idea. I learned something tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted