1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kramer and Newman should've tried the Phoenix-to-LA route

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just take the liquor out of the boxes. How would it get proven that it was purchased in Alberta?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I did this when I lived in New Hampshire and I thought I was slick for pocketing $2 a month or whatever when I returned the empties in Mass.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Game, set, match.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I'm actually running the numbers to see if a similar, ahem, business plan could be a possibility later when I move out west.

Play blackjack/bet college football Thursday to Sunday -- run trucks full o' Mr. Pibb cans to Barstow and Bakersfield Monday to Thursday.

I'd just some low-stress square job for the IRS forms and the health insurance.

maumann likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I need to go where they're still selling Mr. Pibb.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Next? They've been doing that for a while now. They're quite adept at multi-tasking when it comes to these sorts of things. But keeping the streets clear of homeless people and feces? That's too much to ask.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Of course it will premiere at Cannes.

wicked and TigerVols like this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The California recycling program has created a cottage industry for the homeless and bums to go through every public trash can and pull out bottles and cans.

I can't imagine they are making much money, though. When we saved recyclables, we never seemed to get back the 5 cents per container we paid upon purchase. Now we just put them in the recycle bin that goes to the curb each week. It's among the three trash receptacle we have -- one each for trash, recyclables and green waste.

ChrisLong likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The best rate of return I ever got was from a pop machine in Ohio that had Michigan 10 cent markings on them. I'd ask my friends for their empties. I lived about eight miles from the Michigan border, so over time I'd collect enough to make it worth my while to go up there and cash them in.

I'm pretty sure I just admitted to a misdemeanor crime, but...statute of limitations!

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I loved Mr. Pibb.
    And the ones that tell me that Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper is the same can pucker up and kiss my fat white ass.

Pibb > Pepper

garrow and playthrough like this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Are you sure? We're talking about Michigan. I'd sleep with one eye open, my man.

Hermes likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted