1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser suspended from PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They actually made that a Sports Center story??

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wait - the suspension is for two weeks?!?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4939740

She must have an amazing amount of pull at the network, combined with no sense of humor.

Hannah Storm looks fantastic for 47. Hell, she'd look great for 27. She looks like a clown in that outfit.

This is unbelievable overkill.

3. dieditor

dieditor Member

I'd call it a brief. It got about 30 seconds of airtime before the puff piece with McGwire and Pujols.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did sportscenter say it was for commenting on Hannah's outfit, or calling Berman a fat fuck?

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

You're with me, plaid.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Kornheiser has always had an eye for fine clothing. One of my favorite WP columns of his was when he welcomed Deion Sanders to Washingon by making fun of his suit:

The Washington Post
    Redskins' Strong Suit
    The Washington Post | June 6, 2000 | Tony Kornheiser

Let's start with the suit Deion wore. It was a show-stopper. A three-piece burgundy silk number with a gold tie, gold buttons, gold shoes and a gold pocket handkerchief.

It looked like the tailor wove it from the draperies in Dan Snyder's basement.

You know how some Redskins say they bleed burgundy and gold? Well, if they do, and they get it on Deion, it won't stain.

"Norv and I are going to get suits just like it," Snyder said. "We'll all go to dinner. You'll come, too, right?"

Yeah, sure. Where we going, a drive-through?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Two weeks? That's just mind-boggling. It's not like he said it on PTI, either.

I'd want to know if Hannah would let any of her three daughters go out in that kind of a get-up. Dan Hicks, too.

Complete overkill, especially after TK publicly and privately apologized.

8. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

Am I the only one who didn't think the outfit was all that bad (especially for Hannah's standards)?

Maybe it's because I don't really consider SC to necessarily be above that kind of thing. If Katie Couric showed up on the evening news with that outfit, I would have a problem with it. But SportsCenter? *shrug*

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm not so hung up on the potential inappropriateness of it -- I just think she looks like an idiot.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But that's immaterial to the appropriateness of the comments made by Tony, and especially others here.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not to be cynical or anything, but:

How many people actually heard Tony's statement, versus the number of people who now have to tune into Hannah Storm to see what she's wearing, horrible or hot, and debate for two weeks why he was suspended and whether it was merited?

12. If I were TK, I'd walk. Enough's enough of dealing with the ESPN higher-ups.

He has enough money to retire and provide for his family for awhile. He can do radio in D.C. as long as he wants - perhaps having to leave his current ESPN-affiliated station, but those options are available.

I'm sure he won't do it, though. He must love PTI and Wilbon too much.

Draft saved Draft deleted