1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser suspended from PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Of course not ... ESPN has a pretty well known policy that its columnists and talking heads not rag on each other. Simmons used to mention it all the time (I haven't read him in a while, but I assume he still does).

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

ESPN got what it wanted, us talking about their shows and personalities. They let Hannah Storm wear those outfits, display them prominently and then bristle at criticism? Hmm. If Kornheiser's comments had been positive, does that change anything?

This is hypersensitive and likely stems from previous run-ins between TK and ESPN.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

She should be suspended for fashion crimes.

That's right off the "Worst Dressed Women" chart. The fact that the skirt is above her knees is the least of the problem

If you're going to wear an outfit put that no six year old would put on a Barbie doll, you deserve all the criticism you get.

And ESPN just makes itself look foolish for suspending TK

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm also a podcast regular, and I cracked up when I found out he was in trouble for this. The Hannah Storm comments were nothing. He crushes Hoda Kotb every morning. The Hannah Storm comments were borderline affectionate.

When he was done with the Hannah apology he followed it up with a list of people who he wants fired, or in one case a guy who "should die in the street like a dog."

I've got to think she raised a huge stink over this, because it really seems like overkill. And yes, her outfit was absurd.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

ESPN would do better to suspend no-talent female anchors who change their names in order to get ahead.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't realize Berman had gained all the weight he lost back. That makes me smile. :)

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I can tolerate Around the Horn, but agree on PTI. SC became a joke years ago when it decided that only teams in the New York, Boston and LA sphere of influences mattered ("Next on SportsCenter, Derek Jeter reveals his favorite brand of dog food!") LeBetard? Now that we get his column on our syndicate, I find him unreadable and unwatchable.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

For those too lazy to look it up, here's what Kornheiser said ...

That last line is awesome.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. TK should not have been suspended. Storm's outfit was inappropriate for a TV broadcast.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'd watch Hannah Storm take a krap on ESPN if it gets rid of Linda Cohn.

Immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Llllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

You know every SportsCenter anchor looks at the schedule and prays that they host with anybody but two people.

One-eye and the Beaver.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Looks like a reality series for Bravo: When Catholic school uniforms go bad.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted