1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser suspended from PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Except for a missing Don Cherry reference in the third graf. :D

And it's rare that I like a Whitlock piece, but the one linked to by Boom is spot-on.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

dogshit column. fucking pathetic.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

In what way?

4. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

It doesn’t matter that Storm was allegedly satisfied with Kornheiser’s public and private apologies.

No, of course it doesn't. Why would Storm's feelings matter when a washed-up hack like Whitlock can grab some low-hanging fruit and tweak a competitor at the same time?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Got a link to your Hannah Storm national column? ;) :D

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I would doubt it, since apparently FH believes this was a lazy column by a lazy columnist who chose the easy option here, which as a nice byproduct allowed him to tweak his former employer.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I'm Hannah Storm, I'm pissed as hell at ESPN.

8. Mizzougrad96

Interesting column. Makes some fair points about Storm not doing the other women at ESPN any favors.

But any Whitlock column about the WWL needs to have at least one line acknowledging his checkered history with ESPN. If that was there, I missed it. He said it was OK for ESPN to suspend Kornheiser to protect their brand, but it wasn't OK when ESPN fired Whitlock (and TJ Simers) for making fun of ESPN personalities.

I enjoyed the read though.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

You needed more than this?

10. Mizzougrad96

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Corresponding photo to Whitlock column with mannequins -- one of which is adorned in Hannah like attire cracks me up.

As sidebar Fox Sports site in general is a fun place to visit.

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

That was exactly my point... and nope, no Kornheiser-Storm column in my queue. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted