1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser suspended from PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It's not a question of appropriate or inappropriate or June Cleaver or whatever.

Here's why Tony was dead-on when he asked 'What are you doing??':

Men put on a shirt and tie and jacket, and unless you're doing the Craig Sager or Michael Irvin thing, you're dressed. Done.

Women have a whole different deal. Every item of clothing is a statement, that's how women's clothes are designed. Length, fabric, fit, neckline, waistline...everything reflects a choice about how you wish to be seen.

It's not fair but that's how it is.

So when a woman chooses to dress in a way that conveys a choice to look a certain way, it makes a statement. A woman in a tailored suit is telling you to listen to what she's saying, she's not giving you anything to look at. A woman in a short skirt or low neckline or stretchy clingy top is telling you to look at her body. It's a choice. There's not a thing wrong with either choice, depending on what result you desire, but it is indeed a choice, and you accept the result either way.

So when Tony says 'What are you doing??' I get it. If you're a smart accomplished woman, not an up-and-coming hottie but a respected and experienced personality, is it necessary to call attention to your rack? Again, her choice. But he certainly wasn't the first to notice or ask why she would go that route.

Whether he violated company policy is a separate issue, of course.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Perfectly stated.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ditto

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Between the boots and the skirt, we are probably seeing about 8 inches of skin, total. She doesn't wear a low neckline that I know of. She looks fantastic, IMO.

Again, she isn't presenting the 2010 United States budget package. She's about to tell me something about LeBron and the Cavs. I just fail to see where the outfit is so wrong. And when its a methuselah like Kornheiser who disapproves, it affirms my liking it.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

My sixth toe contains all of my fashion sense.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We're just coming from different perspectives here. You're seeing an attractive woman looking hot and since she's just a sports talker, it works.

I look at a woman who is roughly my age, and think, you have this great job, you're known and respected, why are you screaming 'LOOK AT ME!!'

"Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman." --Coco Chanel

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Actually, the best (or worst, depending on your perspective) dress is the one she wore on the Dwight Howard/Superman commercial, where Hannah plays Lois Lane. Yowsa.

As long as its just us girls talking, the elephant in the room regarding Hannah, as far as I am concerned, is not her clothes, but how she is continuing to defy the aging process.

Its amazing - Hannah and Jennifer Aniston continue to look a year younger every year they age. Must be some amazing diet or something.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The best part of this TK mess is the ensuing Daulerio vs. Whitlock feud it started, which resulted in this e-mail ...

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/2010/02/love-notes-starring-jason-whitlock-deadspin.html

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh. For some reason I thought you were talking about Rachel Alexandra.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The big man weighs in with a solid column:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/inside-the-storm-brewing-in-bristol

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Clarence Clemons writes for Fox Sports?

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Hannah Montana Storm" is funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted