1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser suspended from PTI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't make fun of Hannah Storm on your radio show ... it will cost you some TV time!

http://www.sportingnews.com/general/article/2010-02-23/espn-suspends-tony-kornheiser-for-remarks-about-hanah-storm

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Putting aside the fact that Hannah's wardrobe SCREAMS for attention--and deserves all the negative remarks, I could talk about this all day--I wonder if Tony would have been suspended by ESPN if Hannah worked for a different network.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Sounds like stupid stuff that TK said.

But I don't get it with these broadcast operations and their suspensions. What does that accomplish? Embarrassment to the offending party? It has to be that, because once you pay someone an exorbitant amount of money, forcing them to take a few unpaid days off -- furlough! -- isn't any sort of hardship or real penalty.

Pay me seven figures and hell, I'll be pulling for a six-month long suspension every year.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree with Tony. For me, it was seeing the skirt above the knees. It just looks out of place.

I posted about this over a year ago. You look at her, and it looks like Entertainment Tonight. If that is what ESPN wants, then Mazel Tov.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/61374/

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I remember Hannah from her CNN Days (I used to love staying up late for the Play of the Day on summer evenings). Anyway, Hannah once said that someone "became the first 20-game winner in the majors, upping his record to 18-6." or something like that. Some gaffes stick with you.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The offending outfit:

[​IMG]

You know, when a MAN wears a Catholic school plaid skirt and red go-go boots, they say he's just being assertive ...

8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Well, Kornheiser was just trying to give ESPN what it wanted: edgy, entertainment-based commentary. I've heard more ridiculous things on TV news.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be careful Hannah Storm outfit threads get locked on SJ. She must have a strong battery of attorney's making threats when anything bad is sad about her.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Suspended for being an unfunny tool?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

As a regular podcast listener, I can tell you that he opens a majority of shows with a criticism of Hoda Kotb's outfits. What he said about Hannah Storm was tame and it is stupid of ESPN to react like this.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You must not be watching the same Tony as the rest of us. In my opinion, he and Wilbon pair up for the only show worth watching on ESPN.

And her skirt was too short, she looks like a middle-aged hooker.

Draft saved Draft deleted