1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser on MNF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Still a Bulls fan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Kellerman was an ass on that show, but not as smarmy as Reali. At least Kellerman is considered a foremost expert in something, and he is quite bright. Reali is just a boneless chicken breast.

The show is ESPN at its very worst.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I got an idea. Instead of Stat Boy, they should put Beano Cook in there. Instead of ATH, you would call the show Cookin' with Beano :D

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Unlike many here, my reflex action isn't to go brown bunny on Kornheiser.

So from that perspective, I actually didn't think it was the train wreck I was expecting. Kornheiser was by no means great, but he wasn't a disaster.

And I agree with the Pope, there could be some good by-play between Kornheiser and Thiesmann, especially since both have known each other for a while. And without Paul Maguire there to be to Thiesmann as Bobby Bland is to James Brown (and vice versa), the ESPN broadcast actually came off as a helluva less schticky than it used to be.

And Tirico actually engaged both in some football discussion, unlike Al Michaels, who I like, but who also sets the whole broadcast up to hear the maximum amount of his voice.

And God please, why is Suzie Kolber back? She sucks. She just sounds and looks like the local high school cheerleading coach. One of these days she's going to accidentally blurt out to someone like Jon Gruden, "So you gonna rock the shit at state?" She's actually better doing those hilariously cheesy post-game interviews at the end of the ESPN NFL2k5 video game.

Not a bad first run though.

4. ogre

ogre Member

Wasn't his radio show live?

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

What... did they pan to Jason Alexander in the crowd?

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Not gonna take the word of a writer who explains his lead two words by again writing "Listen Up" in the next line. Awful writing.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Boring and obvious is a good way to describe it.

What's Kornheiser's function in the booth? To be clever, or amusing, or different, right? Well, all he does is try to analyze football, which he doesn't know enough about to analyze. So he just sounds like an average joe fan sitting and watching a game -- making inane comments. Just like Dennis Miller, as someone said above.

Also, the broadcast needs more sideline reporters.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think the Pope was just making some kind of Jew reference :eek:

9. Just had breakfast at the local diner, where the usual sports crowd ripped the shit out of the telecast. But, and who is surprised by this, it was mostly bashing of Joey T. The gang killed him ...

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

If The Post said, "it wasn't exactly clear at times THAT he wa there at all," I'd agree with them. There were times I was listening for TK and didn't hear him for a while.

I'm pissed that I have to work today and I'll miss PTI.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Outing alert: I'm Mel Gibson.  ::)

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They need to bring back this guy.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted