1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser on MNF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Still a Bulls fan, Aug 14, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Agreed on the Vikes' uniforms. They look very XFL/NFL Europe-ish, and that sure as hell ain't a compliment.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I liked Kornheiser during the first quarter and the last five minutes of the game. Of course, that's all I watched of the game and I'm a fan of TK Stack Money.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He definitely sounded nervous. Probably because he never has had to do anything live before. Column ... PTI ... now MNF? I hope it gets better. The bits I heard I was not impressed -- and I'm a big fan of his.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

No....Tony K. does not need to be there. When I heard that he was going to be part of the broadcast team, my first thought was that games typically last three hours, which gives K. 30 extra minutes to shoot off his mouth than he would normally have co-hosting PTI.

5. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

I'd give Tony a good review for this game since it's the preseason, the game obviously sucked and it was his first time on the air for more than 30 minutes. I think he'll only get better. And the less Tirico speaks, the better.

The 'Seinfeld' reference in his opening remarks should become a tradition for T.K. Find a way to get Seinfeld and American Idol into the opening.

And, being a Vikings fan, I like the uniforms. Just as long as they dont go with Purple jerseys and purple pants.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I think it's just an animated .gif you're talking about.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Tony's WaPo gives him a thumbs-down: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/14/AR2006081401503.html

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm a Mr. Tony fan, but anyway, I thought he did just fine and will do better.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I watched off and on, while beatin' rocks at the office.

TK was nervous. Quiet at times. Like he was waiting for a cue.

He'll do better. He's just got to work on his timing/chemistry with Theismann.

Tirico? Nothing special.

They're trying real hard with the "Ask Tony" segment, maybe too hard. But we shoulda expected some rough going early.

Did like "The Bald Brigade" in the stands, however.

Incidentally, Aaron Brooks really sucks.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I can't believe people think Stat Boy has a smidgin of talent. The guy just makes your skin crawl.

He seems as fake and insincere as his impossibly Crest-white smile.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Bring back Max Kellerman :D

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Kornheiser kinda bombed, but I have a feeling he'll be hilarious tomorrow when he admits that he bombed.

Draft saved Draft deleted