1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kornheiser just embarrassed Theismann.. beautiful! Updated with actual exchange

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Aug 28, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How tall is Vick?

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wasn't agreeing, just interpreting.

3. Well, they do when/if they win. For reference, see the Indianapolis Colts. *ahem, bandwagon*

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

5. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Also, not that it matters much, but Stewart was like 6-1 or 6-2.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://home.bak.rr.com/dwonderly/ron.jpg
    I'm sorry, but I had to do it.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm 6 feet tall. I've been in the same room with K. Stewart.

I'm taller.

8. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Perhaps so, Ben. I covered him for a time, and his NFL bio (not that those are on the mark) says 6-1. I'm only 5-9 and remember him being a good bit taller, but it has been awhile. My apologies if I'm off the mark.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Theismann is a dumbass. Don't have the "quicks" when you're tall? Is he saying that Michael Vick, Vince Young and Randy Moss aren't quick?

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I am not much of an NFL guy. Actually, I simply do not like the league, but will watch the MNF game, just because it's sports and there's nothing else on ... until college basketball, that is. Anyway, seems to me that Kornheiser is going to elevate the level of discourse in that group. He's a true intellectual superpower (at least on a sports level) in the booth, paired with an empty suit like Theismann. I'm thinking it's going to blow up between those two at some point, with Kornheiser doing his typical glib, fact-based analysis (you know, what those of us in the newspaper business should strive for) and Theismann thinking he can make some bullshit true because he's Joe Theismann, dammit. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

11. tenacious_g

tenacious_g Member

God Bless Mr. Tony!

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

My observation is I believe that a number of NFL QB's in that particular size range are
    eager to distort, because of the paucity of sub-6-footers who have proven themselves
    of championship calibre in the modern era.

Draft saved Draft deleted