1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What are everyone's thoughts on yesterday's meme that saw Facebook walls get inundated with a link to a video calling for awareness of Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army?

I'm not a fan of awareness campaigns, and Invisible Children has attracted controversy because of the small percentage of funds that directly helps people, and instead goes to funding a couple of filmmakers.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm Kony.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about the amusement park where they hold the hot dog eating contest.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Kony is the guy Limbaugh defended last year by saying that Obama committing troops to Uganda in order to "wipe out Christians."

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

My niece called me yesterday about this, completely hysterical about why the US is doing nothing to help these children, and demanding I call someone in Washington to DO something.

I had no idea what she was talking about. Today, it's everywhere. That viral video has arrived in my email at least a dozen times.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Damn kids on social media... next thing we know they will be changing a presidential election...

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

58,000,000 views in four days.

While you are watching that video, there are 250,000 people watching it at the same time.

Jesus

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I went to dinner at my sisters house tonight and while eating my 10 year old niece asked me if I heard about Kony killing millions of children. My first thought was David Cone and the idea that she might be mixing it up with Cones proclivity to kill kittens. I told her it must not be a real story because i did not read it anywhere and if it was real we would have heard about it by now. She then proceeded to pull up the you tube video that her save the world liberal social studies teacher showed her class.

Obama needs to fire up a drone now and end this. Nothing good will come of it. Soon we will see Bob Geldof and Bono giving a concert, Oprah back on TV and those useless UN Blue Hats.

I thought that Jack Bauer had taken care of this guy a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted