1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KOMO-TV helicopter crashes next to Space Needle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 18, 2014.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bad one: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Helicopter-crashes-next-to-Space-Needle-5327567.php

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Terrible. Went through this in my town a few years ago. It's tough to see it again.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

This was my screen when I clicked on the link.

Fly first class for cheap. Easy to see why it's cheap.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If you've ever visited the Seattle Center/Space Needle area, you've seen the KOMO-4 TV building ... it's just southeast of there.

Terrible news ... two in the helicopter died, and one of the drivers in a car that was hit below is in critical condition.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I know what crash you're talking about. Witnessed it from the conference room where I worked at the time. Still picture those two helicopters falling from the sky from time to time. Awful.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you've watched Grey's Anatomy, (not casting any aspersions on anyone) you've also seen the KOMO building - it stands in for Seattle Grace or whatever its called now.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember years ago, there was a news helicopter that crashed in an NYC river as they were broadcasting live. The woman was screaming at the pilot to hit the water just as they crashed. I think they both died.

Still a haunting sound.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

IIRC, that might have been the woman who played the nurse in "The Right Stuff."

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This was mentioned on another thread (and it's definitely NSFW):

http://deadspin.com/denver-news-station-accidentally-puts-a-big-ol-dick-on-1546424572

Collateral damage, if you will.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Dornacker

Remember hearing them play that clip on the radio.

She was both an actor and a rock and roller--quite the renaissance woman.

And she actually was involved in two helicopter crashes in the space of about six months. Somehow survived the first one, but not the second.

Draft saved Draft deleted