1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kokinis in as Browns GM

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wow. And to think I made that comment jokingly.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm just saying. They hired the last "next big thing" out of Baltimore, and that sucked. I'd like to see them mine some other team for once.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, the Patriots were picked over (Scott Pioli, Josh McDaniels).

The Steelers are consistently picked over.

Two assistants with the Panthers earned promotions with other teams (can't be the screwups many so-called fans claim they are).

One could do worse than the Ravens given Ozzie Newsome's generally strong track record. Though the riff with the Ravens and Browns will probably always be there.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

More suck on the way.

Hooray!

5. imjustagirl

You look at this year's team, hell any year other than last year, and tell me Savage was worth hiring.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Never said that every person in the organization has the Midas touch.

Shoot, Jerry Richardson thought that about the 49ers when Carmen "Make My Own" Policy was there. George Seifert was just a wondrous hire.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I look forward to him and Mangini spending 12 hours a day devising ways to keep everything a big fat state secret. It worked so well for Mangini and Teflon Tannenbaum in New York!

8. imjustagirl

Right. But you can't assume that the next guy doing the same job for the same team will be the best hire.

He got this job because he's tight with Mangini. Whatever. I'd rather that than a coach and a GM that don't get along. But dammit, he'd better bust ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted