1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe's Lakers v. LeBron's Cavs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Jordan relied more on Jordan while Magic relied on his teammates? Thank you for helping me make my argument.

Again, I'm not trying to say I have Magic ahead of Jordan by a longshot. It'd be a closer call than the Preakness.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

How does that help you're argument? It's not like Jordan never won anything.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

We're not arguing who won more titles.

4. Chuck~Taylor

I don't want to.

How about this Willie. If the Lakers and Bulls were tied with 2 minutes left, I'm takin' the Bulls everytime. You see were Im coming from?

5. Big Game

Big Game Member

Magic relied on his teammates? Try the other way around. And, you seem to have a mental block about the 1980 NBA Finals. When the Lakers needed Magic to score, he dropped 45 on the 76ers. He could've been a dominant scorer if need be. As it was, he just elevated everyone else's game and kept people happy, while still winning titles. But when his teammates were struggling, he'd turn up the volume on his scoring. So, if that's what you're going by, your logic if faulty.

Like Norrin Radd said, you must be in your early 20s.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

That's where we differ. I wouldn't take the Bulls every time.

7. Big Game

Big Game Member

Hahaha, you can take the Bulls every time and end up in the poor house. Magic would make sure the Lakers won the majority of those games.
    Chuck, how many games in the early/mid 80s of the Lakers have you watched in their entirety? Be honest, here.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Oh I know all about that. But could Magic drop 40 points on Dwight Howard?

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Jordan played center against Dwight Howard?

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I don't even now how this debate is still going. Magic was great, but come on... Jordan... Jordan.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Jordan is 6'6

EDIT: Dwight Howard would annialate Magic Johnson down low.

12. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Chuck, I love your enthusiasm about the NBA; we're a dying breed. It's obvious, however, that your youth was spent watching Jordan, when Magic was long gone. And that's a shame. I'm not trying to change your mind, but I suggest you watch a few of Magic's best games. The entire game. You'll enjoy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted