1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe Leads LAL Back to the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's still a rebuilding project. They're still just a .500 team.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, but no one expected them to reach the playoffs twice in the first 3 years. Let's not forget, they were up on the Suns 3-1 last year. I think this whole thing has shown the greatness of Kobe and the fact that Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches of all time. Before this run, I was the Kobe(and a Phil Jackson) hater. But I'm running out of things to hate on.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What greatness? Taking 33 times more FGA than he has assists? :D

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Given that they were up 3-1 on the Suns last year, it stands to reason that some might have expected more from Kobe and the Lakers than the seventh seed in the West. And no, I don't care how stacked the West is.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, but they had injury problems this year.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah ... they're the seventh-best team in the West. And the Lakers have still only beaten one team with a winning record since the All-Star Break. That's hardly a sign of greatness.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A healthy Luke Walton is good for at least 10 wins.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Celtics would have loved to have Paul Pierce for an entire season. And the Suns, Nash. And ...

9. Chuck~Taylor

1. Walton and Odom(both were out for almost 2 months) are key to the triangle offense. When you keep changing the lineups, it's bound for disaster. Odom was out, Kwame was Out, Mihm has been out all year, Bynum has underachieved, and Walton was out and never got back in the groove when he came back. At one point, they had SHAMMOND WILLIAMS in their starting lineup. A guy who wasn't in the NBA since 03-04. And the funny thing is, even if they didn't have injury problems, you could still argue that they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

2. I asked this question before. Would Ronny Turiaf, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton be starting for any other team in the NBA(including the Grizzlies)?

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

So losing them really didn't hurt the Lakers, right?

11. Chuck~Taylor

The reason? Kobe Bean Bryant.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Again, one win against teams with a winning record since the All-Star Break. Thank goodness for Kobe Bean Bryant.

Draft saved Draft deleted