1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe 'hater-ade'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, May 12, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

So he's a shitbag, not a rapist.

2. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Well, if we're saying he has to be convicted to be a rapist, then no, but if I can see why people have come to that conclusion. I for one don't call Kobe a rapist or OJ a murderer, but that doesn't mean I don't have my rather large doubts about their innocence.

But yeah, definitely a shitbag. Either way, I ain't gonna be pulling for him to win anything any time soon.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

Yeah, three s***bags full.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Did Lane write this on an ESPN blog? Including the casual use of "fuck"? And regardless, she's telling us she's a journalist?

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Alex, I'll take The Rapists for $50.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Does this mean Cowherd is...?

Well, actually, that would answer a lot of questions.

7. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

If Bryant is all that, then Kaitlyn Faber (Miss Colorado) is a slutbag whore.
    When you're wearing panties with semen samples from multiple men ... well ... like you imply, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Is Bryant a saint? Fuck no. His wife should've soaked his ass for all he's worth. But, it's tiresome to hear how he's a rapist and his reputation is forever tarnished, while Miss Colorado and her semen-soaked panties gets off scott free because we don't like Bryant's personality.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Any prosecutor who lets this man sit on a jury should be forever disbarred.

9. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Yet you're more level headed, right?
    Again, I say, I don't believe Bryant to be a saint at all. But, to label him a rapist while the evidence was dubious at best, and ignore all the signs that Miss Colorado wasn't exactly a stranger to skeevy encounters is irrational.

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Read the investigator transcripts, including Kobe's own words. She might have consented to sexual activity with him and others, but she didn't consent to anal sex. And that is exactly what he was referring to in his statement.
    Bottom line: Both parties agree, she did not consent to having that part of her body penetrated. And that, according to Colorado law, is sexual assault.

EDIT: You can argue it's morally wrong to be promiscuous or send mixed signals (sex is ok like this, not like this), but neither is against the law. Maybe they would be in Tripp's world of slutbag whores, I don't know. It is against the law to file false claims, but after initially claiming he had never met the girl, even Kobe has stopped saying he was falsely accused.
    Her own choices hardly allowed her to get off "scott free."

11. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

OK, I'm convinced. Reading transcripts are just as good as being in that room that night.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just because a woman has had sex with multiple men, doesn't mean she can't be raped. Just because a woman at one point agreed to have vaginal sex with a man, doesn't mean he can't anally rape her.

And they both agreed on what happened, and what happens meets the legal definition of rape in that state.

Take off the fanboy glasses and actually read what she wrote, Trip.

Draft saved Draft deleted