1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe going wild ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ledbetter, Dec 1, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't think they have any trouble selling tickets in Lakerland, but it does look odd on TV.

I wonder if anyone's noticed it out west and has asked the players if it affects them as far as perspective, or even if it makes it easier to focus on the hoop with the dark behind it.

2. The first time I saw that at a non-MSG place was the All-Star game a few years ago, Jordan's last one. It does look a little weird. You'd think the beautiful people would want to make sure they were seen courtside. Does this mean Jack's got to take the shades off to watch?

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Oh, I thought this was a thread about Kobe out-bootsing boots.

Carry on.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I think it looks cool. Kinda' looks like a boxing match.

5. hachat11

hachat11 Member

They started it this year - something like Lights Out is what they're calling it. Just lights on the floor, but from everything I read the players seem to like it. I think the Lakers are something like 9-2 at home as well.
    And, yeah, Kobe was terrific last night. Was 9-for-9 in the quarter and 10-for-10 from the line. Hit 11 straight shots at one point. Those two 3-pointers were pretty crazy.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That was pretty amazing. Watched the end of the third quarter after I got home last night. And it's not like he was making gimmies. Utah was all over him and still couldn't stop him.

I also liked what Barkley said afterward. Paraphrasing: "If he was doing that to my team, I'd have had to knock him on his ass."

7. He wears No. 24 now. I had no idea until last night.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

quick question.......what was Fat Lever's real name?

second of all.......I know many people generally think of Westhead as an asshole, but his games were fun as hell to watch.......Mahmoud Abdul Rauf running around having his seizures all the time looked like he just smoked a pound of crack......good times, good times indeed.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Lafayette, IIRC.

Draft saved Draft deleted