1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe & Call of Duty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

NBA branded games don't have what America likes, violence. We, as a society, get off on it. I fear some people aren't going to be pleased until we have a show called Death of the Day on the tube. WTF

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Adding some sort of brawl-enciting mode would enhance sales. What made Arch Rivals, Blades of Steel and NHL '93 (or was it '94?) so popular? Fighting and blood, baby.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The commercial wouldn't be so controversial if parents would learn to tell their kids "No, you can't have that."

5. I saw the commercial and I can't believe the pizza guy at the end wasn't shot.

The fucking guy was out of ammo!!

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

And wasn't a campin' MFer!

7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

One way to know you're on the wrong side of an argument: Skip Bayless agrees with you.

http://kotaku.com/5692826/clueless-sports-writer-is-very-serious-about-this-black-ops-ad-controversy

Way to go, Tim Keown.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Maybe if all the players carried guns, they would.

9. EXACTLY. What is most chilling is how casually it depicts war.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I thought it was a great commercial. Of course, I can distinguish between fantasy and reality.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But its not war. Its black ops

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was going to buy the game regardless of the commercials - and IMO, they were good. How come no one is crying over Deron Williams being 'addicted' to the CoD franchise.

Draft saved Draft deleted