1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kobe Bryant's finger

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

I'm not into Bryant's customary antics, but if his knees hurt, he should sit out the all-star game -- finger or no finger.

2. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Agreed, but the NBA is not big on its stars sitting out if they're capable of playing regular season games, which Bryant has since injuring the finger. Again, I think this is much ado about nothing. Bryant and the Lakers are only making a big deal about it now to get him out of playing many minutes (if at all) on Sunday. If Bryant just decided to pull out, he'd likely be looking at a fine.
    He's such a competitor, that there's no way he's sitting out for a lengthy stretch unless there's a chance he'd lose the use of a limb.

3. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

If a player is known to be playing hurt, then the NBA should have no say if Bryant and the Lakers use the break so he can heal.
    Screw the NBA all-star game, it's no better than watching And 1 anyway.
    I wouldn't be going out on a limb by saying that at least 10 percent of the plays are alley-oops.
    In fact, the game should be X rated. Youth league coaches shouldn't even let their players watch it, but that's another story.

Draft saved Draft deleted